At Oakstone Homes, our team simplifies the custom home building process to make it easy and straightforward for you. We’re not your average home building company—our main focuses are quality and higher standards. We limited our business to ensure our clients get the attention to detail they deserve. We love to work one-on-one with our clients to create not just a house but a home. Let’s get started on your dream home!
At our first sit-down consultation we’ll make sure we’re the perfect match for each other. We’ll share our home building process while continuing to answer all your questions and concerns along the way. During this time we’ll chat home design theme, layout, floor plan, lot size and of course budget.
After the initial plans are made, we’ll create an estimate from our trusted team of subcontractors. Bids can take up to two weeks. Bidding a project is important to ensure the costs align with your budget. The initial bid will help determine if we need to tweak plans to accommodate the budget.
We have a collection of over 300 home floor plans to choose from. However, we love working with clients on custom floor plans or floor plans found online. Please keep in mind that your lot size will affect your floor plan.
We love Pinterest-worthy spaces. Our Design Director Katelyn will assist you with all of your design choices. At the first consultation please bring plans, photos, Pinterest boards, ideas and goals for your new home. When it comes to your custom home, you’ll get to pick all of the design aspects below:
- Overall design theme: farmhouse, traditional, industrial, French inspired, etc.
- Exterior and interior paint colors
- Siding & gutter colors
- Shingle color
- Window frame colors
- Window styles
- Door styles
- Door Hardware
- Stair railing
- Stone or brick styles
- Fireplace design
- Plumbing fixtures and finishes
- Trim styles
- Ceiling accents
- Built-in styles
- Deck design
- Sink styles
Once your financing and overall design are completed and approved, the construction will begin.
Order of construction:
- Stake lot to determine location of home
- Excavate for your footings and foundation
- Install below ground plumbing
- Install your septic system (if required)
- Pour concrete for your basement and garage
- Frame the house
- Install windows and exterior doors
- Install roofing
- Plumbing rough in
- HVAC rough in
- Electrical rough in
- City inspections
- Install siding
- Install drywall
- Texture walls and ceilings
- Finish carpentry: trim, cabinets, built-ins, interior doors
- Paint trim, walls and ceilings
- Electric finish
- Install flooring wood, tile and carpet
- Install countertops
- Install plumbing fixtures
- HVAC finish
- Install finish hardware
- Final inspection
Walk-through appointments are an important part of the building process to ensure all your wishes are met. There are several different walk-through stages.
Order of walk-through appointments:
- Electrical: Here you’ll select your lighting locations
- Trim: At this appointment, you’ll meet the trim carpenters to discuss trim details and options
- Closing: Together we will complete a thorough inspection of your home before closing
We are excited to help make your dream home a reality and look forward to the opportunity of working with you!